Friday, April 6, 2012

What was I thinking?: Accidentally Yours Series, Book 1

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 493 KB | Release Date: February 2012 | Publisher: Self-Published | Obtained: Amazon.com

"ACCIDENTALLY IN LOVE WITH...A GOD?" [Accidentally Yours Series, Book 1] by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

What was I thinking? : Well, I had just finished "Feral Sins" and because of the star rating I gave that book Amazon.com recommended this book to me. With all of the positive reviews/ratings this book had on Amazon.com I thought this would be an interesting read ... I was sadly mistaken.

My Book Summary : Emma has spent all of her life with a secret friend, a male voice that she has kept quiet, and only she can hear. However, after twenty-two years it's time to part ways between her and Guy (aka the voice). To do so will throw Emma into a dangerous world she's not familiar with, will give her truths about who she really is that she isn't ready for, and will make Emma and Guy both prove to themselves how much each of them can handle. However, when the time comes to each go their own way, will they be able to or want to?

My Book Review : 1 out of 5 stars. I couldn't finish this book because I could not stand all of the whining, secrets, and childish behavior that the main characters kept up throughout this whole book .... or at least up until Chapter 28 where I stopped reading. I do believe the plot is a good one, but I just could not connect to the characters and they were to annoying for me to really like anything about them. The only character I did like was Cimil, but since she wasn't in the book that much I could have gotten the wrong impression of her. *shrug* Who knows.

On the other hand, from what I've read of the book there are a few funny parts and/or sayings, which did help me get through what I did of the book.

That being said I really am NOT recommending this book at all but if you decide on reading it, I hope you'll like it better than I did. =0/

Author's Series Extras : What WOULD Cimil Do?

Book Teaser(s) :
"Why does he have turquoise eyes?" It couldn't be a coincidence that they looked just like the man's eyes from my dreams. Could it?
"Christ, Emma, put it on the goddamned question list."
I followed the boy for what seemed like an eternity but my muscles burned, and, finally, I had to slow to a fast walk. "I...can't...Guy," I panted, trying to catch my breath. "The air...is way... too thick for any aerobic activities."
"I told you, you need to work out more."
"God. You...are...un...belie...vable," I choked out.
"You have no idea," he replied. ~ within Chapter 11
"What's going to happen?" It was a stupid question, I know. Those Maaskab were coming for me and were, apparently, bad enough that Guy's men preferred to fight at this crazy redheaded demon's side than take them on alone. It felt like a competition for the evil, eviler, and evilest. I just hoped my team was the evilest. Go team? ~ within Chapter 20
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Mimi, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/