Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Feasted On: The Fake Boyfriend Experiment by Stephanie Rowe

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 313 KB | Release Date: May 2012 | Publisher: Self-Published | Obtained: Amazon.com

"The Fake Boyfriend Experiment" by Stephanie Rowe (aka Stephie Davis)

My Book Summary : Lily is a piano prodigy, or at least she was until recently when all the fun in playing the piano got drained out of her. She cannot seem to get her gift back until she meets Rafe one day during her practice session. He's cool, a talented drummer, has a tattoo running down the length of his arm, and is in a band!

So, when she spies his band practicing and complaining about having to wait for their keyboard player she steps in saying she can play it and instantly finds her life changing. Everyone in the band is so different (and loose) then what she used when playing the piano. She starting to get her groove back, a bit, but mostly she just feels more comfortable playing with them then she has in a long time. Nevertheless, she's determined giving up professionally playing piano. Yet her mother and her piano teacher (nicknamed by Lily as Old Crusty) feel differently, so they decide that Lily has to keep practicing with the teacher or with Rafe's band. Lily chooses Rafe, and his band, who opens her eyes to the she's been missing when it comes to playing the piano.

However, when Lily's heart comes into play is another story .... especially when she finds out that Rafe already has a girlfriend. What is a girl to do about her hurt pride? Why make up a fake boyfriend, or two, of course! Now hopefully her secrets won't come out...

My Book Review : 4 out of 5 stars, this is a great YA book about the joys of growing up and coming into your own, which is exactly what Lily tries to do throughout this whole book while trying to win the guy along the way! I loved the innocent romance between Lily and Rafe. It was sweet and charming while still being humorous with all of the banter that they share.

I related to Lily when it came to feeling like the dork in her group of friends, at times, and having to resort to the fibs to make sure you stay cool. Thankfully, I never took it as far as she does when I was her age but I feel it's something all teenage girls do so this novel is definitely relatable in that way.

I recommend this book to anyone who would like a quick read of a YA romance!

My Previous Review(s) for this Author : Putting Boys On The Ledge

Book Teaser(s) :
Teaser #1 ~ within Chapter 1
He flicked me a surprised look. "You're---"
"A terrible singer. I know." I turned it up to drown me out more. "Good thing I can play an instrument, huh?" I started signing again.
After a second, Rafe started singing too. His voice was like the sound of a jack hammer at three in the morning when you were trying to sleep.
I immediately whooped and hit him on the shoulder. "You're awful, too!"
He grinned at me, his dimples completely adorable and out of character with his full-arm tattoo and leather jacket. "Good thing I can play an instrument, huh?"
I giggled, a warm bubbly feeling exploding through me. "I think you're even worse singing than I am, and that's nothing to be proud of." ~ within Chapter 4
For more information on this book and/or any other books by Stephanie, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/