Friday, July 6, 2012

Disappointmentville: You & Me Trilogy, Book 1

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 298 KB | Release Date: April 2012 | Publisher: The Edge | Obtained: Amazon.com

"Saving You Saving Me" [You & Me Trilogy, Book 1] by Kailin Gow

My Book Summary : For the last few years now Samantha (Sam) has had a rough time at home---her father always mad at her for one thing or another while her mother seems to always be drinking one alcoholic beverage or another. She just cannot wait for her senior year to get over with so she can go to Stanford University to get away from her parents. But to be able to get into Stanford Sam's guidance counselor suggests that since she wants to become a psychiatrist it would look good on her application to volunteer as a peer counselor at the Sawyer House.

Sam reluctantly agrees. However, she soon finds herself becoming close to a guy who calls the Sawyer House to talk to her saying his name is Daggers. Yet as things get more serious between her and Daggers, Sam's life seems to be falling apart and Daggers' the only person she feels comfortable confiding in. So, who's really being saved more Daggers or Sam?

My Book Review : 2 out of 5 stars, this novel was more serious and intense about the issues that the characters have then I originally thought it would. Not that that was a bad thing. Since it made the novel that much more dramatic and interesting.

With that being said, it also made this novel feel a bit drawn out. I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have because Sam doesn't stick to her guns and she lets everyone around her (Daggers included at times) run over her and make all of her decisions. Then to top it off, when she receives a steamy kiss from Derek (another peer counselor), after telling him repeatedly that she didn't want to be anything more than friends with him, she doesn't pull away from his kiss. It made me mad. As well as, made me not want to finish the novel even though I did. Then to top it off the ending sucks. =0P

I hope whoever decides to read it likes it more than I did. Yet, I don't recommend this book.

Author's Novel Extras : Playlist | The Saving YOU Saving ME Project | Excerpt | Is Saving You Saving Me a PG Shades of Gray? | Dream Cast for Saving You Saving Me

Author's Book Trailer :

Book Teaser(s) :
Daggers called me on Friday with some news. "Susan, I'm happy to say my shrink says I've made improvements with my abusive relationship issue."
"You have a shrink?" I asked.
"Had one for a few years," he said.
"Then why did you start called Sawyer House?" I asked. "Not that you're not welcome, but because we're usually the first person callers would call."
"I was looking for someone who worked there, and ended up talking to you." Daggers chuckled. "Good thing, too. You've helped me make significant improvements."
"Well, are you going to stop calling the Sawyer House now?" I asked, feeling like my heart would break if he did.
"I should so you can use the time you talk to me on someone else, but I don't want to," he said.
"I don't want you to, too," I added.
"Why?" Daggers asked. ~ within Chapter 12
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Kailin, then please check out her website. Check out this website to find out more about Kailin's Saving YOU Saving ME Project.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/