Friday, March 15, 2013

Made the Grade: Hybrid Misfit by Eve Langlais

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 340 KB | Release Date: May 2011 | Publisher: Liquid Silver Books | Obtained: Amazon.com

"Hybrid Misfit" by Eve Langlais

My Book Summary : Beth (Trixi) is what she likes to call a hybrid misfit. She was born human but when she was young, she was diagnosed with leukemia and after a few years of nothing working her parents signed her up for some experimental treatments that turned her into what she is today .... however, even though she now understands her duel natures she has no idea as to what she actually is. =0/ But over the years she has found away to survive on her own and now she'll do whatever it takes to make sure she'll make it through whatever comes her way.

If only she can stand up against the Army of Light and the Legion of Darkness then everything may work out for her, and if her new lovers have anything to say about it, she will beat them all...

My Book Review : THIS BOOK WAS A REREAD:: Then (July 2011): 3 out of 5 stars | Now (March 2013): 3.5 out of 5 stars!! Beth, Simon, and Gene are a match mate in ... well not heaven but definitely in limbo! =0)

This novel was spicy, thrilling, and funny the whole way through. I liked the mystery (at first) about learning Simon's nature. Then reading about Beth's "girl power" tendencies made you cheer for her throughout the novel. In addition, I enjoyed learning Gene's mystic ways and flirtatious personality! Very entertaining!

I recommend it to anyone who enjoys quirky paranormal erotic romances!

- On a side note -
I wish/hope Ms. Langlais will write novel/novellas about Beth's best friends, Lana & Claire, since this novel talks a lot about them but doesn't let you know what their up to after the big battle at all.

My Previous Review(s) for this Author : Bunny And The Bear

My Previous Mention(s) of this Author's Books/Characters : Best Book Couples -- Happy Valentine's Day 2013 | Feasted On: Ridgeville Series, Book 5

Author's Novel Extras : Hybrid Misfit Excerpt | Let’s see who’s paying attention...

Book Teaser(s) :
“But they’re vampires?” Lana said, her eyes narrowing. “So who was nuts enough to jump in and help you? Or should I say what?”
“Well, I never did find out what Simon was, although I do guarantee he’s not human.” That got the girls bouncing in excitement.
“Is he hot?”
“Does he have a brother?”
I laughed at their reaction. “He is drop dead gorgeous and built like an ox. And while I didn’t find out if he had a brother, he does have a friend who’s a genie.”
Claire squealed and Lana leaned forward eagerly. “This I need to hear about.”
I told them about waking up at Simon’s place and meeting Gene. They giggled when they learned about his actual bottle. They sighed over my description of both men. And exclaimed when they heard how I’d gotten home with magically produced donuts.
Lana held her donut in front of her and eyed it suspiciously. Shrugging, she took a bite. “Damn, for a magic donut, it sure tastes good.” ~ within Chapter 3
“We have reservations,” Simon said tugging me forward to stand before the podium which had a thick book open on top.
“Your name?” asked the lizard thing with what I could have sworn was a sneer.
I’m not sure what Simon did behind me, but the maĆ®tre d’ recoiled and adopted a more servile expression. “Of course, sir. Sorry for not recognizing you. Please, follow me.”
We followed the lizard man—who, to my amusement, had a tail sticking out of the back of his pants. We passed dozens of tables, partially hidden in shadows, but not dark enough for me to not realize that most of the patrons weren’t descended from Adam and Eve. I recognized some species—like the dwarves with their big beards and short, stocky stature. There were some fairies with gossamer wings whose sizes ranged from Thumbelina to human sized. The one eyed scary dude was, if I remembered my mythology correctly, a Cyclops. And at the sight of a bright blue demon, I clutched tightly at Simon’s arm.
He followed my gaze and patted my hand reassuringly. “Don’t worry. We’ll explain it in a second.”
His words made my eyes widen, because I immediately grasped the implication. “You’re using me as bait,” I hissed. I’d actually contemplated doing that and it was part of the plan I’d meant to broach over dinner. It annoyed me that they’d acted without consulting me first, even if I’d had the some thought.
“I prefer the term ‘showing you off,’” Gene replied as we arrived at our table and he pulled out a chair for me. ~ within Chapter 5
For more information on this book and/or any other books by Eve, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/