Monday, July 22, 2013

Made the Grade: Kdrama Chronicles, Book 1

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 256 KB | Release Date: December 24, 2012 | Publisher: Self-Published | Obtained: Smashwords

"The Runaway Roommate" [Kdrama Chronicles, Book 1] by C. S. Mae

My Book Summary : Over a year ago, Casey's life completely changed when her boyfriend at the time left her and their apartment with just a note saying he was moving and it was over between them. Since then she has come to realize that her life wasn't as grand as it seemed before her ex left her, yet she still finds she hasn't completely recovered from that devastation. Recently, her latest roommate (who is also one of her best friends) decided to move out, so Casey is currently looking for a new roommate.

A co-worker tells her about his cousin, David, who would be a great roommate for her and he's right. David is smart, funny, sweet, and one hot half-Korean hottie! From one big change to the next Casey's life is looking more and more like her favorite Kdramas. What will happen next?

My Book Review : 3.5 out of 5 stars! This exciting, hilarious, and sweet novel keeps you on your toes while you follow Casey throughout the antics she gets into! David and Casey were similar in so many ways that it was easy to want to root for them to finally get together.

I really liked David and how he handled everything Casey through at him, even though I am curious as to what really happened between him and his own "ex." Plus, I loved his mother and Casey's friends; they were all funny in there own unique ways. It'll be interesting to see what happens to this group next.

I recommend this novel to anyone who likes Kdramas and/or whoever is a fan of romantic comedies!

Purchase This Book and/or The Other Books From It's Series Here :

Book Teaser(s) :
"What are we playing today?" asked David, coming in to sit on the couch next to me. There I was again, in my Sunday best---sweats, messy ponytail, glasses.
"We? There is no we, my friend," I said, hunching over my controller.
He leaned in front of me, pouting and blocking my way.
"Didn't your parents teach you to share?"
"I hatched straight from an egg," I said, refusing to hand it over.
"Ha, ha. Hand it over," David said, holding out his hand.
"Mine!"
"Fine then," he said and stood up in front of the television, blocking me from seeing my little monkey friends. He crossed his arms, standing in front of my flat screen like a big hunk of man candy as my character got eaten by a crocodile.
"Move, move!" I waved a hand at him to get out of the way.
He sighed and shook his head. I heard the tell-tale sound of the "game over".
"Dang it! You made Diddy die! That level is super hard, too!" ~ within Chapter 6 - titled 'The Sudden U-turn'
"Why does he always bring her here when he wants to dump on her?"
"The Koreans believe that nothing good ever happens by the River Han."
"So, it's like symbolic then?"
"Apparently. Or he's just an asshat."
"I vote for the latter."
~ within Chapter 17 - titled 'The River Han'
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by C. S., then please check out her on the Goodreads' website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/