Monday, June 1, 2015

Idolizing In: A Will and A Way by Claudia Harbaugh

- This is an ARC book - Available Formats through Amazon.com: Kindle Edition - File Size: 537 KB | Expected Release Date: April 7, 2015 | Publisher: SilkWords, LLC | Obtained: NetGalley

"A Will and A Way" by Claudia Harbaugh

Author's Book Description : When Pippa’s father dies, she learns he was an earl — and that she is illegitimate. Part of her inheritance is a London Season, although she must masquerade as her half sister's cousin. Provincial Pippa knows nothing of rakes and routs, and she fears repercussions should Society discover her deception. In this sweet Regency romance, Pippa must remain faithful to herself as she navigates the ton and seeks a husband. But if she does meet a man she can love, will he be able to overlook the circumstances of her birth?

My Book Review : 5 out of 5 stars!! After seventeen years of believing her father was just a traveling sales merchant, Philippa (Pippa) finds out that her father was actually the Earl of Milbank upon his death. In addition, he learns that she is actually a bastard. Approximately a year later, Pippa learns that in her father’s will she and her half-sister, Charlotte (Charlie), are to have a Season in London together without the interference of either of their mothers. During Pippa and Charlie’s time together, they grow close as sisters while trying to navigate the confines of the ton. Yet, Pippa is still uncertain if the ruse to pass off her being there as Charlotte’s cousin is the right one, but is telling the men in her life the truth about her parentage any better?

This fast-paced novella reminded me a bit of Ms. Austen’s "Pride & Prejudice" because of how much Pippa & Lord Trent (James) mimic Elizabeth Bennet & Mr. Darcy’s pride/stubbornness. I liked how nice Charlie is to Pippa and how their relationship grew into an undeniable friendship. In addition, I found Pippa & Lord Trent’s banter fresh and entertaining while making me want them to get together from the beginning.

I recommend this novella to those looking for a fun quick historical romance!

Purchase This Book and/or The Other Books From It's Series Here : Kobo (e-Book) : A Will and A Way


Author's Book Trailer :

Book Teaser(s) :
"I do not think he preferred me to you, just as most parents love all their children equally. But ..." I hesitated, not sure that I could say the words that hung on the veriest tip of my tongue.
"But he preferred your mama to mine," said my sister, speaking my thoughts aloud, sparing me the embarrassment of it.
I nodded and then, despite the rolling carriage, Lady Charlotte managed to gracefully transfer from her seat to mine. She gently took my hand in hers.
"Could we be real sisters, do you think? I would truly love to have a sister."
"Of course. I mean, we are sisters, if only half."
"I have never had anyone to confide in, you see. And sisters must keep each other's confidences."
"I will gladly keep any confidence of yours, Lay Charlotte, sister or no." ~ within Chapter 2
"What should I do if he is there?" she asked.
"You should say 'how do you do,' smile, and move on," I said matter-of-factly.
"I cannot."
"Mama, you have always told me I must face my fears. Now you must do the same."
"It is hard when my only child throws my words back in my face."
"Hard it may be, but still true." ~ within Chapter 4
For more information on this book and/or any other books by Claudia, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/