Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Made the Grade: The Siberian Volkov Pack Romance Series, Book 10

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 3963 KB | Release Date: June 8, 2015 | Publisher: Self-Published | Obtained: Amazon.com

"My Perfect Mate" [The Siberian Volkov Pack Romance Series, Book 10] by Caryn Moya Block

Author's Book Description : Six months have passed since Susan Adams was forced to become a lycan. She’s embraced the wolf with her whole heart, but having super senses and running on four feet can’t help her keep a job or figure out where she belongs. Now, with a mating bond snapping into place and the mating heat riding her hard, Susan’s wolf is demanding she cement the bond in place. There’s only one problem. Her mate isn’t a lycan. In fact, she’s not sure what he is, and mating Susan is the farthest thing on his mind.

Jean Paul Nadeau is not your ordinary elemental witch. He’s one of the famed Averys, as human witches know him. In truth, he is an immortal Fae Lord sent by the Queen of Avalon to guard a dimensional gateway sitting in the middle of Quebec City. When the lycan mating bond attaches to his heart, JP is both delighted and dismayed. Finding his “Destined One” is an unexpected gift, one that could cost him more than his immortality.

My Book Review : 3.5 out of 5 stars! Susan meets her mate, a non-lycan and not only does he shake up her life, not long after meeting her he takes off without her for a while. Now that Jean-Paul (JP/Sir Hywel) is back after being away for three weeks, both Susan and him are hoping to get to know one another better and cement their bond. However, before they are able to complete their bonding Jean-Paul needs to get a magical ring back from an “evil” polar bear shifter …. before a majority of the arctic ice melts.

Okay before I tell you my thoughts, I have to admit that even though this is book 10 in its series this is the first book I’ve read by Ms. Block and her Siberian Volkov Pack Romance Series. I chose reading this novel because Amazon.com displayed it in my book recommendations, I was intrigued by its book description, and I really liked the cover on the novel. Therefore, while I enjoyed the novel, the way it’s laid out with all of the previous characters coming to and fro I had a hard time following it at times. Nevertheless, I liked it. I really, really liked it!

Susan is charming with her sweet heart, her disarming ways, and her affinity with “animals.” Jean-Paul is a little abrupt but throughout the novel he charms his way into Susan (and the reader’s) heart. Together they make one hell of a couple, if only Susan can get over her initial fears that something will go wrong.

I also enjoyed the major side story of the amarok (arctic wolf shifters) who are the offspring of a mating between a polar bear shifter and lycan. It was interesting to see how they’ve been surviving after the cruelties that they’ve suffered. In addition, I liked how Susan decides to “step up to the plate” to try to save these children and hope to give them better futures. It’ll be interesting to see where this series will take its readers next.

I recommend this novel to those looking for a unique paranormal romance!

Purchase This Book and/or The Other Books From It's Series Here : Smashwords (e-Book) : Alpha's Mate - Special Anniversary Extended Edition (Book 1) | Smashwords (e-Book) : A Siberian Werewolf In London (Book 2) | Smashwords (e-Book) : My Mate's Embrace (Book 3) | Smashwords (e-Book) : My Magic Mate (Book 4) | Smashwords (e-Book) : A Siberian Werewolf In Paris (Book 5) | Smashwords (e-Book) : A Siberian Werewolf Christmas (Book 6) | Smashwords (e-Book) : Wolfe's Mate (Book 7) | Smashwords (e-Book) : Beta's Mate (Book 8) | Smashwords (e-Book) : The Gift of My Mate (Book 9) | Smashwords (e-Book) : My Perfect Mate (Book 10)


Author's Novel Extras : Sneak Peek #1 – My Perfect Mate | Sneak Peek #2 – My Perfect Mate | Sneak Peek #3 – My Perfect Mate – It’s Here!

Author's Series Extras : The Siberian Volkov Pack Romance Series - Overview

I designed a new magnet for my swag packs. What do you think?I hope you're lycan it. :)
Posted by Romance Author Caryn Moya Block on Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Book Teaser(s) :

MY PERFECT MATE by Romance Author Caryn Moya Block -- Read my review here:...
Posted by From Me to You - Video, Photography, & Book Reviews on Tuesday, June 9, 2015
“Ughh,” Susan said a few minutes later. “Jean-Paul, could you lift up, you’re squishing me. I’m not complaining mind you. I think you just blew my mind. That was the best sex ever, but I can’t breathe. JP… Honey?” Susan shook him.
He didn’t respond, his head rolled to the side. “Oh my god, I killed him.” ~ within Chapter 3
Jean-Paul smiled. Susan would take on racism to save the amarok children, but didn’t feel worthy of a pretty dress. She was a puzzle with more layers than he could fathom, and she was his. A warm glow filled his chest. He smiled, again. He couldn’t help it. ~ within Chapter 9
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Caryn, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/