Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Idolizing In: Shadow of a Girl by Shannon Greenland

- This is an ARC book - Available Formats through Amazon: Paperback - Pages: 238; Kindle Edition - File Size: 1307 KB | Expected Release Date: September 19, 2016 | Publisher: Entangled Publishing : digiTeen | Obtained: NetGalley

"Shadow of a Girl" by Shannon Greenland (aka S. E. Green)

Author's Book Description : Use cash and keep moving.

After I ran away from home, these were the two rules that dictated my life. Scoring a job as a roadie fit perfectly for what I needed. Traveling, cash, and life out of the spotlight. But when my path collides with West, the lead singer of Bus Stop, I can’t seem to stay out of his spotlight—especially since we’ll be touring together for an entire year.

West is determined to break down my walls. He won’t give up. And little by little they come crumbling. But if he knew what lurked behind them, he wouldn’t be so eager to get rid of them.

The more time we spend together, the more the lines of our friendship become blurred. He makes me dream of things I never thought possible. But while our friendship has been evolving into a romance, my secrets have been closing in. And just when I’ve decided to reveal my past to West, I’m confronted by it. The cost of my freedom could ruin the life of the guy I love…

My Book Review : 5 out of 5 stars!!!! Eve (Nesiah) has spent her life as a shadow of her true self in hopes of staving off the emotional and physical abuse she dealt with daily from her "father." Therefore, after confessing to her longtime friend about the abuse she received they device a plan to get Eve to escape. Once Eve ran away, she hides behind a false identity as a roadie and ends up meeting West (a famous lead singer). Over time, West breaks through Eve's defenses and their friendship turns into something more ... but soon Eve's past and the lies she's kept hidden come to light and might breakup the best things she's ever known. Will it all be too late to save her?

This intense YA rockstar romance had me riveted from the very beginning. I loved the innocent passion Eve shares with West and how empowered Eve becomes throughout this whole novel. Especially since the best part of this novel is the interaction that Eve has with Anne and West! All three characters were awesome and very well written! West's sweet charm and silly flirting skills opened Eve up while Anne became the friend/mother hen figure Eve never had. It's a great teen romance that has Girl Empowerment out the wazoo! It’s simply wonderful.

West and Eve have a unique connection that I'd love to read more about. And while I'm not a big fan of how the ending left things hanging between them it doesn't change my feelings about these two together. They were/are meant for one another!! I LOVE them together as they match up so well. 💗 💖

I HIGHLY recommend this YA rockstar romance!!!

Purchase This Book Here :

Shop Your Indie/Local Bookstores (IndieBound - Paperback) USD : Shadow of a Girl
icon
Kobo (e-Book) USD : Shadow of a Girl
Shadow of a Girl
eBooks.com (e-Book) USD : Shadow of a Girl

Amazon (Kindle) USD : Shadow of a Girl

Amazon (Paperback) USD : Shadow of a Girl
Shadow of a Girl
Barnes & Noble (NOOK Book) USD : Shadow of a Girl
Shadow of a Girl
Barnes & Noble (Paperback) USD : Shadow of a Girl

Author's Novel Extras : Shadow of a Girl - Overview


Author's Book Trailer(s) :


Book Teaser(s) :
"Sorry," I say again, this time louder. "The crowd's a bit crazy tonight."
"It's the crappy music," he jokes. "Makes the girls leap into my arms to be rescued." ~ within Chapter 2
"Hey, Green Eyes, ready?"
With a nod, I walk over to grab my stuff.
He huffs a laugh. "Those Miss Piggies?"
I look at the row of dancing pigs on my shirt. "Yes."
"I really do need to show you my underwear some time."
Anne rakes her gaze down him. "Well, drop 'em. No time like the now."
West gives her a playful shove.
"Eve changed outfits two times," Anne rats me out.
"I did not," I deny.
"And I changed three. So I'm winning the primp game," West says, making us all laugh. I do love how he can make everything into a joke. ~ within Chapter 16
Late afternoon rolls in, and West asks, "Know how to play pool?"
Anne's awesome at pool, and she spent a whole day back when we first met teaching me how to play. I caught on quick. I like the game. "Yeah, a little," I answer.
"Are you a betting girl?"
"I can be," I tell him.
"Well, I usually wager kisses."
I laugh. "Kisses?"
"But since we're way past that point, how about this: if I win, you have to go back with me to visit my family."
I would've gone anyway. "And if I win?"
"You name it," he says.
I think about that a second. "I know. I want to stay in a big fancy suite in the next city."
He nods. "Deal. Only if you let me come over and ravish you with my luscious kisses."
"Luscious kisses?" I ask, completely amused. ~ within Chapter 44

Book Preview(s) :

For more information on this book and/or any other books by Shannon, then please check out her Amazon Acct.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/