Saturday, April 21, 2012

Feasted On: The Coven Series, Book 1

- This is an ARC book - Available Formats through Amazon.com: Paperback - Pages: 177; Kindle Edition - File Size: 416 KB | Expected Release Date: March 1, 2012 | Publisher: Bell Bridge Books | Obtained: NetGalley

"White Witch" [The Coven Series, Book 1] by Trish Milburn (aka Tricia Mills)

My Book Summary : Jaxina (Jax) has never fit in with her coven. Ever since the witch trials in Salem, MA the covens have had access to powerful dark magic and have hosted in rituals that everyone in the coven is required to do. If someone decides not to go along with the status quo then they would be put to death by the coven, which is what happened to Jax's mother years ago because she decided she didn't agree with the things the coven was doing. Therefore, after her mother's death she has plans to escape her coven and recently ran away from them.

Now in North Carolina she can finally has the hope of living a normal life (or as normal, as she can get since she's still a witch). However, her hardest thing to accomplish is trying to be a "normal" girl at her new school, when she does nothing but stand out just because of her looks. Although, when she finds out that the cute guy she likes and can't seem to stop from getting close to is her sworn enemy her life feels like nothing could get worse. That is until people from her past find out where she is living now and could ruin all of the friendships/relationships she's made since moving there. As well as, hurt the people she's really starting to care for. However, would it be better for her to leave or could staying in North Carolina keep everyone safe instead??

My Book Review : 4 out of 5 stars, this is one young adult novel that entices you into the story then hooks you into wanting more!!! I could not get enough of this story!! It starts out not long after Jax left her coven and is trying to find a way to get into High School when her world takes a hard left turn when a hunter, Keller, comes into her life. Their relationship is the type I love reading about; it's intense, all encompassing, and undeniable. In addition, the plot was written in a way that you cannot help but be intrigued with it especially when it leaves you hanging at the end. Is Keller really fully human? Will Jax be or is she the only one of her kind? What will happen to Jax & Egan? Will Keller & Toni follow Jax & Egan? So many questions about what will happen make me even more curious as to what will happen in the next book in this series, "Bane."

I recommend this series and novel to anyone looking to read a different take on what it means to be a witch. Or to anyone who likes young adult paranormal romances!

Author's Book Trailer :

Book Teaser(s) :
"Hubba hubba," Toni says from behind where I stand looking in a mirror in Toni's bedroom. "If I weren't as straight as an arrow, I'd go out with you. Say, you don't happen to have any gorgeous male cousins lurking about, do you?"
I barely keep myself from jerking. I do in fact have several gorgeous male cousins, but I don't want them anywhere near Toni. "No, sorry."
Toni shrugs. "Worth a try." ~ within Chapter 5
"Call me crazy, but I don't think Keller likes me anymore either."
"Crazy."
I look at Toni, wondering if maybe she's blind to what I've been seeing all week.
Toni crosses her arms and shifts her weight to her right leg. "I admit he's being a bit frosty right now."
"Try polar ice cap."
"Trust me. He's going to come around."
"I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you."
Toni sighs. "If he doesn't, then he's an idiot, and we'll find you someone who isn't."
I don't want someone else. Maybe I'm destined to be alone. ~ within Chapter 9
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Trish, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/