Saturday, December 29, 2012

Disappointmentville: Gypsy Lovers Series, Book 3

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 128 KB | Release Date: June 14, 2012 | Publisher: Breathless Press | Obtained: Amazon.com

"The Gypsy and the Widow" [Gypsy Lovers Series, Book 3] by Juliet Chastain

My Book Summary : Now that Joanna's husband has died her life has been turned upside down, because of how he gambled all of their savings and property away. However, her husband's friend, Sir Edward, is "kind" enough to help her out with his servant to assist her on a daily basis and has recently announced his willingness to marry her once the time is right.

Yet even though Sir Edward's proposal would help Joanna with any financial troubles and give Joanna's son a father figure for him to look up too, Joanna's heart and wants belong to someone else--Tem--a handsome gypsy who seems to be a kinder man then she had ever met before. The problem for both of them is that neither of their wants (they'd like to be together) coexist with the beliefs they've grown up with. Can they overcome a lot of prejudices about each other's "people" so they can get what they both really want? Or will Sir Edward, Tem's Gypsy clan, and the beliefs they've grown up to believe get in the way of it all?

My Book Review : 2.5 out of 5 stars. Two people from opposite worlds find a way to make things work out between them during unusual circumstances.

I had such high hopes for this novella ever since I did a promo for it earlier this year. However, even though I knew it was a short story before I even started it, it rushed through everything so quickly that it was hard to thoroughly enjoy the chemistry between Tem & Joanna as much as I would have liked. Plus, the ending wrapped up everything very unrealistically for me to enjoy it.

I wish I could recommend this novella to you but I can't. So, I'll only recommend it if you are a fan of Ms. Chastain and/or this series.

Author's Novel Extras : Book Excerpt

Book Teaser(s) :
There is no need to dress with such care just to cross the meadow to the field. He will be busy—working like the others. Against her will, she remembered how he had smiled at her yesterday. How somehow he had reminded her that she was a woman with the desires of her sex.
All she sought today were playmates for Nash, she told herself firmly. And besides, there was no harm in seeking the comfort of another person who had been widowed, but she knew that wasn’t true. She needed no comfort for the loss of her husband. What she wanted, wrong or right, was to have a few moments with him, Tem Lovell.
She shook her head. I must not think of Tem Lovell. I shall marry Sir Edward who has always been so considerate of myself. He neither drinks nor gambles and I will have no worries. For a moment she remembered her anger when he had shouted at the Gypsy children and called them foul names. He was but thinking of my well-being; it was perhaps neither appropriate to allow them inside, nor to play that way with them. She smiled. In truth she had like playing with them. She had liked their infectious laughter. She had liked the way they included Nash in their games. She had like the way they tried to speak English to her, even the smallest among them, little Eleanor.
And I liked the way Tem swung the children in the air and laughed with them. But no, she must not think like this. I must not think of Tem. And I must not think of him as Tem; he is Mr. Lovell to me.
She would stay out there while Nash played. That way she would know he was safe. And, perhaps Tem will speak with me—
“No! I will not think like that, I must not,” she said aloud. ~ within Chapter 2
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Juliet, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/