Sunday, August 19, 2012

What was I thinking?: Wicked Games Series, Book 2

- This is an ARC book - Available Formats through Amazon.com: Paperback - Pages: 576; Kindle Edition - File Size: 655 KB | Expected Release Date: September 3, 2012 | Publisher: Harlequin Nocturne | Obtained: NetGalley

"Moon Kissed" [Wicked Games Series, Book 2] by Michele Hauf

What was I thinking? : This novel was an additional novel included as a bonus read when I got "Forever Werewolf," and I thought I'd give it a try.

Author's Book Description : A fine line between fear and desire...

Escaping from bloodthirsty vampires, Belladonna Reynolds ran straight into the arms of a werewolf. As a man, Severo drew her in with his dark good looks; as a beast he astounded her with his insatiable sensual appetite. Whether afraid or aroused, Bella fled to his lair when threatened by an evil monster of the night....


And between hatred and love...

Severo tried to keep Bella—his mate—safe from the vampiress who held a malicious desire for revenge against him—but he alone wasn’t enough. How could he desire the very thing he’d spent his life destroying? And even if he did, what would the werewolf do to Bella on the next full moon?

My Book Review : 1 out of 5 stars. Okay I'll admit I really didn't give this novel a fair chance but I just couldn't get into it, which is why I only read up to Chapter 5. I found Bella whiny and not willing to adapt that well, even though I'm hoping that she changes for the better throughout the book. The parts that I have read of this novel I couldn't get a good read on Severo. Basically, I found that the beginning and the parts I did read were very slow and it was hard to like.

Sorry, I really can't say if I recommend it or not, yet I wouldn't read it again. Therefore, if you read it I hope you'll like it more than I did!!

- On a side note -
The edition of "Forever Werewolf" that I read included a full copy of "Moon Kissed." To read my review for "Forever Werewolf," click here.

My Previous Review(s) for this Author : Monsters Don't Do Christmas | The Werewolf's Wife | Forever Werewolf

Author's Novel Extras : Severo & Bella's Pinterest board | Okay, funny line for today. | Moon Kissed in stores today! | After The Kiss

Author's Series Extras : The Beautiful Creatures World - Character List | The Beautiful Creatures World - Term List | Beautiful Creatures (Tumblr)

Book Teaser(s) :
So the man did have a soul. Maybe.
She flat-out asked him. "Do you have a soul?"
"That's an odd question."
"No more off than your being a werewolf."
"Perhaps it is you, a human, who is the odd one. Yes, I do have a soul." ~ within Chapter 4
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Michele, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/