Monday, September 16, 2013

What was I thinking?: Now & Forever Series, Book 1

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 313 KB | Release Date: April 22, 2012 | Publisher: Self-Published | Obtained: Amazon.com

"First Love" [Now & Forever Series, Book 1] by Melissa Johns

What was I thinking? : As soon as I read the Author's Book Description, I was hooked. I just wish it were as good as I had hoped.

Author's Book Description : Emily Stone has moved from her life in Texas to start over in New York. She left her friends and her father behind to be closer to her mother. She just wants to find happiness and maybe a few friends but when Eric Mason enters her life, she knows she wants more.

Eric has been raised to be a professional quarterback. His father has a plan and Eric isn’t allowed to stray off his path but the first day of his senior year, his eyes find Emily and he knows he won’t be the same again.

Struggling to keep a balance between school work, football and a social life, they find themselves falling in love with each other until the night of the Senior Prom when she learns the truth that Eric has been keeping secret from her. Will their love be able to remain strong?

Follow the paths of two different souls as they figure out the world together and find out what their future holds.

My Book Review : 1.5 out of 5 stars. I've wanted to read this novel ever since I saw it released, so when I found it on the free listings I had to pick it up. My only wish is that it wasn't so disappointing. Emily was just so immature and freaked out over the slightest things. Yet, one minute you're thinking she is just this sweet goody goody and within the next she turns into a mean b**ch. Eric wasn't that much better as a main character. I mean yes, he was devoted to Emily, but with his stupid small secrets and his over-demanding father, I feel he was really just swept up in lust not anything meaningful. Together I don't think these two really are going to work out in the long run.

I don't recommend this novel, but I hope for those who read it would like this novel better then me!

Purchase This Book and/or The Other Books From It's Series Here :

Author's Novel Extras : My First Book | New Information! | Happy Anniversary, First Love!! | The Joy! | First Love on Sale!!!

Author's Series Extras : Writing is tough on occasion! | First Love Pt 2 | Lazy Afternoon | Sad... | Bored on a Saturday Night! | Everlasting Love Description Released!!! | Clip from Everlasting Love.... | Everlasting Love Book Cover!!! | Forever Love | I NEED SUPPORT!!!! | Forever Love Preview - JUST RELEASED!!! | Another Milestone! | HELP!!!! | November | FOREVER LOVE BOOK COVER!!! | Forever Love Description | NOW & FOREVER ON SALE!! | 20,000 Sold! | Release Date for Forever Love | 30,000 Copies Sold! | Hope you are still around! | 35,000 Copies Sold!! | 40,000 Copies Sold! | Just because I love my fans... | Come On! | Now & Forever Series!! | Congrats to the Now & Forever Series!!!! | Now & Forever Book 4!!!!!!!! | Have you forgotten about me? | Summer has Arrived!!! | NOW & FOREVER ANNOUNCEMENT!!! | Great July! Thank You | I'm BAAAACCKKKKK!!! | Football Sunday!!


Book Teaser(s) :
Monday mornings are always difficult. You just finish the weekend and it feels like a lifetime until it comes around again. But, today was different, I knew the sooner I got going, the better my day would be.
I grabbed my jeans and my cute red t-shirt, as I looked into the mirror I noticed for the first time it hugged all the right spots. I still can’t believe the way I was looking at myself. I used to grab whatever wasn’t dirty and be content with that. But, I had a reason to look good. I clipped my hair back, leaving some of it over my shoulders. As I looked in the mirror one last time, I heard a car horn in the driveway.
I didn’t know who it could possibly be this early in the morning. I walked over to the window and smiled, it was Eric.
“Emily, I think you have a ride to school!” My mom called up from downstairs.
I grabbed my school work and headed downstairs with my stuff.
“Wow, Emily. You look fantastic.”
“Thanks, Mom, but really I’m not trying.”
She laughed again, “Sure.”
I hugged her good bye and headed out the door. I smiled at Eric as he got out of the car, “Emily, you look beautiful.”
He opened the door for me and I slid into his awesome Mustang, “Thanks for the ride this morning, you really didn’t need to do this. I don’t mind walking.”
He smiled, “How would it look if I let my girlfriend walk to school while I drove?”
I blushed again, “Girlfriend?”
This time he blushed a little, “I guess I never officially asked you, it’s just I had such a great time Saturday night.”
“I couldn’t agree more with you.”
He smiled, “So, would you be my girlfriend?”
“You sure your dad will be ok with this? I honestly don’t want you to lose focus on football and cause you any trouble.”
“Emily, you don’t have to worry about that. I will handle my father.”
I smiled at him as he pulled into his spot at the high school, “Let’s see if this will answer it for you then.”
I leaned over to him as I gently pressed my lips to his again. He responded very quickly to my lips, tasting them. ~ within the chapter titled 'IT’S OFFICIAL'
As I surfed the web, looking at articles, looking at clothes. I found a lingerie website and was amazed at what was out there. I giggled at myself trying to picture me wearing stuff like that. I definitely don’t think I’m ready for that. I laughed again as I heard my door open, I quickly shut my laptop and looked up.
“Hey Gorgeous, your mom said you were up here, so figured I would surprise you.” Eric said walking into my room.
Mom never had a problem with him in my room as long as I left the door open, which made me laugh every time. She had nothing to worry about.
“Hey you, I’m trying to keep warm I figured staying in my bed would help with that.”
He laughed, “You will get used to it, you haven’t seen the worst of it yet, Babe.”
I sighed, “Lucky me.”
“So, what are you looking at on your computer?”
I blushed quickly, trying to grab my laptop before he could but he was too fast, he grabbed it as he sat next to me on my bed, opening it up.
I wanted to hide underneath my bed and never come out as the website popped up and displayed the sexiest lingerie that I ever seen.
“Wow, Em, anything you want to discuss with me?”
“No, please no.”
He laughed and scrolled through the pictures, “Well, if I get a say, I like the black one, but you look hot in red also, but I will leave the choice to you.”
“Please God, stop, I’m so embarrassed right now.”
“Why, this is hot!”
I threw a pillow over my face and wanted to die. ~ within the chapter titled 'SEASONS CHANGE'
For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Melissa, then please check out her website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/