Sunday, October 23, 2016

What was I thinking?: Miss Hopeful by Laura Fletcher

- This is an ARC book - Available Formats through Amazon: Paperback - Pages: 126; Kindle Edition - File Size: 2187 KB | Expected Release Date: September 2, 2016 | Publisher: Self-Published | Obtained: Amazon / Laura Fletcher

"Miss Hopeful" by Laura Fletcher

What was I thinking? : As stated above I was told about this novel being FREE from Ms. Fletcher (the author) and got it through Amazon. I really like the book description and book's cover. Yet, while I didn't love this novel my goal is to always promote the book that I've read, if you don't like my review make sure to check out the extras posted to promote the novel underneath it. So, here we go...

Author's Book Description : Sandra Birmingham is twenty-two years old and has always dreamed of escaping her vigorous and mundane life in Rhode Island. She listed herself in a catalog as a mail-order bride and is hoping a handsome and righteous man is going to ask her for her hand in marriage.


Samuel James Edgerton the older kind, handsome and loving father had been married once and takes care of his sick seven-year-old daughter, Betsy. When Samuel’s father passed away, he was left with no choice but to look for a loyal wife to accompany him and to help care for his daughter. When Samuel first lays his eyes on Sandra, he knew there was much much more about her than the naked eye could see.


They both agree to enter into an arrangement, and soon Sandra finds herself falling in love with Samuel. However, has Samuel really truly gotten over his ex-wife? He has never reconciled his feelings for his past lover but soon finds himself in a situation that he thought he had always wanted. As Betsy’s condition worsens, Samuel and Sandra find themselves hopelessly relying deeply upon each other. What happens next will shock even Samuel himself.

My Book Review : 1 out of 5 stars. A young woman from Rhode Island places an ad for herself as a mail order bride and gets a proposal from a man living in the Montana Territory who wants her to look after his sick daughter. Overtime they form a dear relationship but by then people from their pasts come back and might end up pulling them apart for good...

I LOVED the cover. Yet, I was never a fan of the writing, though the plot held promise. Even though I struggled through it, I was able to read up to 46% reasonably but after that, the writing I couldn't handle anymore and I didn't like the directions the plot was taking me. Therefore, from that point on I skimmed the rest of it, as I was still curious as to what would happen to Betsy.

This novel wasn't for me. So, I don't feel comfortable recommending it. Yet it could be for you if you can overlook the writing style.

Purchase This Book Here :

Amazon (Kindle) USD : Miss Hopeful

Amazon (Paperback) USD : Miss Hopeful
Mail Order Bride: Miss Hopeful
Barnes & Noble (NOOK Book) USD : Miss Hopeful

Author's Novel Extras :

Book Teaser(s) :
"You look so beautiful."
Betsy snorted, looking tired. "I don't believe ya.'" She slowly walked toward the bed, sat on top of it, and looked back at Sandra. "I'm dyin', I know that."
Sandra was taken aback with what Betsy had said. She drew a breath, stood up, and finally sat down beside Betsy. "Don't talk like that, Betsy," she kindly said, affected with the child's lack of hope. "Believe me when I tell you that you are so beautiful." ~ within Chapter 5 - titled 'Sandra'

Book Preview(s) :

For more information on this book and/or any other books by Laura, then please check out her Amazon Acct.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/