Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feasted On: The Rocker That Holds Me by Terri Anne Browning

Format: Kindle Edition | File Size: 227 KB | Release Date: January 2013 | Publisher: Self-Published | Obtained: Amazon.com

"The Rocker That Holds Me" by Terri Anne Browning

My Book Summary : Ember (Emmie) grew up in a nightmare of a life because of her drug/alcohol using and physically abusing mother. Her only hope growing up was Nikolas (Nik)--and his best friends/band mates (Jesse, Drake, & Shane)--who ever since she was five-years-old (even though they are only 10 years older than her) made sure she was taken care of and protected as best as they were able to. Even when their band finally makes it big, they keep in touch and take care of her as much as they can. Then when Emmie was 15-years-old her mother dies from an overdose, the guys step in to take care of her even more so by bringing her on the road with them for good.

Now 6 years later, Emmie does her best to return the favor by taking care of the guys the best she can by just keeping up with their schedules and making sure everything is covered for them. Yet even though she loves them all and they all take care of her too making her feel like their little sister, her feelings have grown even stronger for Nik over the years and he now owns her heart. However, will she ever be able to open up and let him know how she feels? Especially when she suddenly gets sick and it seems like something she cannot shake, will this be the perfect time to lay it all on the line...

My Book Review : 4 out of 5 stars--love finds a girl who never thought she could have what she truly ever wanted. The relationship between Emmie & Nik is moving, potent, intense, and very sweet. I loved reading about their shared past since it made their current struggles of being in love with each other all the better. Plus, it helped that all the guys in the band were really great characters to read about. I can't wait to see if there will be any more about these cast of characters, hopefully soon! =0)

I recommend this novel to anyone who likes contemporary romances about rock stars!

Book Teaser(s) :
Grimacing I wiped my eyes with the backs of my hands and noticed that Jesse’s shirt was soaked with tears and snot. “Oh. Sorry about your shirt.”
He pulled it over his head and used it to dry my face. “It’s only a shirt, honey. There, now that’s better. My pretty Emmie is back again.” He pressed a kiss to my forehead and moved so that I was again sitting on my own and he was standing. “I need coffee.”
Jesse went about making a huge pot of potent coffee. The smell filled the whole house and soon Drake was stumbling into the kitchen, half blind with sleep as he poured himself a cup of Jesse’s special blend. The stuff was so thick that it was like swallowing Jell-O. I only ever drank it once. My stomach had cramped for hours and I felt like I was on speed. Never touched the stuff again!
Nik was just joining us, a pair of sleep pants hanging off his lean hips, when Shane came in with two shopping bags. He seemed more out of breath now than after his run. “I bought all the grits they had, Em. One of each type. I didn’t know if we had cheese or what kind you wanted. So I got several different kinds. And I hope that’s enough bacon.”
I threw my arms around him, not caring that he was still drenched in sweat. “Thanks, Shane.” He had completely gone overboard but he was so sweet, getting me what I wanted because I had been so upset.
He kissed my cheek. “Anything as long as you are happy, sweetheart.”
“What’s that about grits?” Nik asked, adding sugar to his mug of coffee. “I’m starving.”
“Em wants some bacon and cheese grits.” Jesse said as he opened a pack of bacon and tossed it into a pan on the stove. “So Em is getting bacon and cheese grits.” He winked at me as he started putting the rest of the groceries away. ~ within Chapter 10
For more information on this book and/or any other books by Terri Anne, then please check her out on the Goodreads' website.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/