Thursday, January 4, 2018

Made the Grade: Pushing Limits Series, Book 1 | #BookReview @StinaLL @readloveswept

- This was an ARC book - Available Formats through Amazon: Kindle Edition - File Size: 1206 KB | Release Date: April 5, 2016 | Publisher: Random House Publishing : Loveswept | Obtained: NetGalley

"This One Moment" [Pushing Limits Series, Book 1] by Stina Lindenblatt

Author's Book Description : Fame, fortune, and stadiums full of screaming fans are right around the corner for the rock band at the heart of Stina Lindenblatt’s steamy, intense Pushing Limits series. But it’s an epic love affair that steals the show in this opening act.

When Nolan Kincaid skipped town to chase the music career of his dreams, he knew he wouldn’t miss the reminders of his broken family—he wasn’t so sure he could forget the girl he left behind. Now his band is touring nonstop, the recording sessions go all night, and the groupies are crazed. But when he hears that Hailey Wilkins is in trouble, he drops everything.

Hailey thought she’d missed her chance with Nolan. Five years ago, the moment she realized she loved him was the moment he decided to leave. Now, when a brutal assault lands her in the ICU, Nolan flies straight to her bedside, acting like nothing’s changed. What’s a rock star like him doing, canceling shows and risking his record deal, just to nurse an old friend back to health? And why should Hailey believe he’ll stay this time?

With her attacker still at large, Nolan’s ready to rise to the occasion. He knows he let Hailey down once before, but he’s ready to give her everything, heart and soul—and he’ll fight for the chance to prove it.

♥ Proceeds from the first week of release (and pre-orders) were donated to the Calgary Emergency Women’s shelter. ♥

My Book Review : 3 out of 5 stars! Five years ago, Nolan (Tyler) ran away from his hometown for L.A. to escape his past and try to make it as a rock star. Since moving he has been on the fast track for success with his band Pushing Limits, but the one person he could never escape from was Hailey who was his childhood best friend. Therefore, when he learns that Hailey was attacked and in the hospital he drops everything to be there for her. Yet being back home opens up more old feelings then he had planned .... being there again will definitely change his life though if it'll change for the better is still up for debate.

This romance was written more as a suspenseful thriller than anything else and while it was well-written, it’s because of the thriller-edge that this plot takes that it didn't keep my interest as much as I'd have liked. Nevertheless, I liked all of the characters. I liked the idea of Nolan and Hailey together. And I enjoyed the build-up for this series, which makes me curious as to how the other novels will turn out.

I really wish I could've enjoyed this novel more. As it was, both Hailey and Nolan's lives had been defined by a deadly moment from their pasts. It was horrible and very sad. And while they could've used it to help one another out, Nolan pushed Hailey away and is lucky she didn't say something along the lines of it being 'five years to late' once he returned. You can tell that they have always cared for one another. But their journey was not one that swept me away, even while I was rooting for their relationship.

With all that said, I DO recommend this novel to those looking for a suspenseful contemporary new adult romance.

Purchase This Book and/or The Other Books From It's Series Here : Amazon (Kindle) USD : My Song for You (Book 2) | Amazon (Kindle) USD : I Need You Tonight (Book 3)

icon
Kobo (e-Book) USD : This One Moment (Book 1)
This One Moment
eBooks.com (e-Book) USD : This One Moment (Book 1)

Amazon (Kindle) : This One Moment (Book 1)
This One Moment
Barnes & Noble (NOOK Book) USD : This One Moment (Book 1)

Author's Novel Extras :


Author's Series Extras :


Author's Book Trailer(s) :

Book Teaser(s) :
The fingers stroking my hand moved to my face, and a thumb brushed against my cheek. "Hey, Forget-Me-Not. Am I gonna have to kiss you like the prince kissed Sleeping Beauty?"
Yes, please.
Apparently I hadn't just answered that in my mind like I'd thought I had. A warm breath kissed my mouth first, before a pair of real lips, as soft as I'd imagined they would be, briefly touched mine. ~ within Chapter 5 - titled 'Hailey'
"How about we finish dinner, than watch a movie?" My lips curled up on one side. "I'll even let you pick it."
Nolan snorted. "Yes, because I've been dying to watch a chick flick all day."
"Hey, I also have Lord of the Rings." I poked him in the side. "You can't say no to that."
He leaned down and brushed his lips against mine. "It's you I can't say no to." ~ within Chapter 20 - titled 'Hailey'

Book Preview(s) :

For more information on this book, series, and/or any other books by Stina, then please check out her Amazon Acct.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment!!

*The owner has the right to remove comments that she would consider spam*

This site is a participant in various affiliate advertising programs through Amazon.com, Rakuten Marketing, Commission Junction, IndieBound, Smashwords, Book Depository, and more that are designed to provide a means for Jess to earn minimal advertising fees by showcasing the areas you can purchase the corresponding products that Jess discusses within her blog posts. Basically Jess earns from qualifying purchases.
More specifically Jess partners those websites' programs and you should be aware that they may collect personal information when you interact with their sites. The collection and use of this information is subject to their own privacy policies.
You can check out Rakuten Marketing's privacy policy here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/